String September KAL - Hollensbury Hat with Tanis Gray
Today is a little bittersweet. Tanis is starting her 6th and final KAL with us. We're so excited to make the beautiful Hollensbury Hat with her, but sad that it’s the last KAL.
Throughout the past year, Tanis has designed 6 gorgeous patterns for the String KALS, all the while leading our Ravelry group in learning new skills, techniques and tricks to improve our knitting and expand our horizons. This one is no exception.
Nothing’s better than a hat to get us started on fall knitting, and she’s designed this beauty with one of our newest yarns, Dolcetto, a 70/30 Merino/cashmere blend. Two colors, but only one in each row, so no stranding. And that Latvian braid? Wait until Tanis teaches you that…you’ll be putting it on everything! String is just so happy she’s hosting our KAL once again. I can’t wait for this one to start on September 13th.
So grab the preview of the pattern (with the yarn discount code for the yarn), grab your Dolcetto at 15% OFF, and prepare to get started (go ahead and knit that swatch). You’ll be ready to start on the 13th, just in time for fall!
How do our KALs work?
- Purchase your pattern on Ravelry. We can help you do this, if you’re in the store. If you sign up before the start date, you will receive the first page with all the specs and the discount code for purchasing the yarn needed for the KAL. On the morning of September 13th, an update to the pattern (which will include the entire pattern) will be sent to your Ravelry library.
- Gather your materials. These are listed on the first page of the pattern. You can purchase the yarn for 15% OFF throughout the KAL with the discount code (also on the first page of the pattern).
- Log into the KAL thread in our Ravelry group each Tuesday (beginning September 13th) during the month-long KAL and we will work our way through the cowl with detailed photo tutorials, instructions, tips and tricks provided Tanis. Tanis will be there to answer questions and cheer you on as we knit together virtually.
- You can post questions, comments, and pictures of your work in progress any time in the thread. We hope you’ll make new friends, learn new skills and think of the String Yarns group as your virtual knitting home.
- You can work at your own pace. Even though the KAL will be 4 weeks in length, Tanis will be dropping in after that to check on how you’re doing. You can still post to the thread any time.
To read about the inspiration for this hat on Tanis’ blog, click here.